You can easily order single vision computer reading glasses by making a few calculations to your glasses prescription. These lenses have half the power of reading glasses and are tailored for viewing a computer screen anywhere from 20-30 inches away. Remember, the closer you hold reading materials the stronger the power needed. If you instead need to calculate a prescription for standard reading glasses for books and materials held at a distance of 10-20 inches away then refer to this article.
Follow the steps below to learn how to order your custom prescription computer reading glasses from Zenni:
1. After you have picked your frame, the first step is to select “Single vision” from the Prescription Type drop-down.
2. Next, you’ll need to input a Near PD (pupillary distance) for your computer reading glasses. If you were only given one PD measurement, it is most likely for distance so you will need to subtract 3 to calculate your near single PD. If you were given a dual PD, two numbers - one for the right and left eye, you’ll need to subtract 1.5mm from each number to calculate the near dual PD. Ex. If given PD= 63mm then Near PD= 60mm.
3. The last step is entering in the computer reading prescription for the right and left eye. If your doctor didn’t write out a separate computer reading prescription then you’ll need to calculate it yourself. You can do this by dividing the ADD value by 2 and then taking this new value and adding it to the SPH number on each eye. This will be then be your new SPH value, and the CYL and AXIS numbers will remain the same as written in your original prescription.
4. Click "Submit your Prescription" and proceed to choosing your preferred lens options such as Blokz® (blue light blocking lenses) to provide more comfort when using screens.
5. Check-out and wait to receive your new pair of computer reading glasses!