Ordering prescription reading glasses through Zenni is easy! Once you have selected a frame, click “Select Lenses” and follow the steps below:
1. First, indicate that you would like reading glasses by selecting “Single vision” from the Prescription Type drop-down.
2. Next, you’ll need to input a Near Single or Dual PD (pupillary distance) under the Pupillary Distance drop down menu.
For a Single PD, if you were only given one PD measurement, it is most likely for distance so you will need to subtract 3 to calculate your near single PD. Ex. If given PD= 63mm, then Near PD= 60mm.
If you were given a dual PD, two numbers - one for the right and left eye, you’ll need to subtract 1.5mm from each number to calculate the near dual PD. Ex. If given PD=32/31mm, then Near PD=30.5/29.5mm. In this format, the number that appears first is the measurement for the right eye and the second number is for the left eye.
3. The last step is entering in the reading prescription for the right and left eye. If your doctor didn’t write out a separate reading prescription then you’ll need to calculate it yourself.
You can do this by adding the ADD value to the SPH value and keeping the remaining values the same, as in the example below:
4. Click "Submit your Prescription" and proceed to choosing your preferred lens options such as Blokz® (blue light blocking lenses) to provide more comfort when using screens.
5. Check-out and wait to receive your new pair of reading glasses!